The Old House
We moved out of this house in January 2004, almost five years after I bought it. Over the course of more than three years, we made a lot of changes (paint, refinishing the hard wood floors, some new appliances in the kitchen, new kitchen floor, and a large deck off the back).
- Living Room: Over the weekend of Memorial Day 2001, we ripped up the carpet in the living room and made some other changes.
- Kitchen: In mid-June 2001, we started working on the kitchen. We also worked on the back porch shortly after the Fourth of July, as a continuation of that project. A new floor was installed in 2003.
- Front Bedroom and Hallway: Weekends in January 2001 were spent working on the front bedroom and the hallway. Ripped up carpet and painted both areas.
- Study: We painted one wall in here and replaced the old metal-frame futon.
- Guest Bedroom: The old brown carpet was removed in early August 2002.
- Bathroom: The first place we did anything -- a weekend project in November 2000. We later added a medicine cabinet (March 2002).
- Deck: We built a deck off the back door of the house (begun in September 2002, finished in early October). Click here for construction pictures.